It is our pleasure to launch the open call to organise the next ESN Academy 2016! We are looking for an Organising Committee to host this amazing event! Don’t lose the opportunity of being part of the biggest Eduk8 Event in the ESN history!
The ESN Academy is a unique event bringing together 100 ESNers from all across Europe to learn and develop competences together. Following the success of last year's Leadership Academy, we introduce the better, bigger version of the Academy. The event is co-funded by the European Youth Foundation.
During the 4 day event, participants will have the chance of attending numerous workshops and learn together. The theme of the Academy this year is “Peacebuilding through fostering Intercultural Dialogue”. It will be held during 4 days, where participants will be able to choose their workshops and organise their own schedule. Each participant can build their own learning experience!
Are you looking for new challenges, new achievements and to refresh the motivation of your local section? Are you ready for the biggest challenge? This is the right moment! We are looking for an OC ready to take this big step with us!
Remember that Eduk8 is a different Event from other ESN events, please be really careful about the following requirements. Please find enclosed the Application Form.
The deadline for submitting your application is 23:59 CET 15th February 2016.
Timing: 14th/15th of June to 19th/20th of June OR 28th/29th June to 3th/4th of July 2016
Duration of training: 6 days from Tuesday/Wednesday (arrival of participants) - Sunday/Monday (departure of participants), that means 4 full days of workshops
Note: the first day can be Tuesday or Wednesday, it is optional and is decided after selection together with the Oc and eduk8 team, from now on Tuesday is considered the first day as an example
People attending: 100 Participants + 10 facilitators + 2 training coordinators (external) + 1 International Board member + 3 Team Members = 116 TOTAL
Note: Eduk8 Team and IB member responsible will arrive and leave with trainers.
WHAT SHOULD THE OC PROVIDE?
● 100 Participants: 5 nights (Tuesday to Sunday)
● 10 Facilitators + 2 external mentors: 8 nights (Sunday to 2nd Monday)
● 3 Eduk8 Team members: 8 nights
● 1 IB member: 8 nights
- One extra working room available 24/7 fitting 10 facilitators to work (preferably at the accommodation venue)
- Accommodation next to the training venue (max 5min walking) or including training venues
- Preferably not in the city center
- Good internet connection is a must
- Quiet environment
Note: Accommodation and the training venue must be at the same place or within 5 minutes of walking distance (e.g. University Campus, summer camps, cottages).
● Coffee breaks :
- from Wednesday/Thursday to Sunday/Monday (5x2 = 10 coffee breaks in total - morning and afternoon)
- for trainers during extra-days of preparation and final days.
Note: participants will be asked to bring international coffee breaks, anyway the OC should plan to have also coffee breaks
● 6 training rooms for 18 participants + 2 facilitators each
● 1 big room for the whole group (around 120 people) should be available for:
- opening (first training day), sharing and closing sessions (last training day)
- team-building activity (welcome/arrivals evening)
note: it can be the same room for both sessions or different rooms
● 1 storage/working room for trainers (if the training venue is different from the accommodation, it is also needed a working/storage room there: good enough for working, with tables and good internet connection, printing option...)
Mandatory requirements for the 6 training rooms:
- 20 movable chairs and 4-6 tables each room
- Enough space to move and sit in a circle for 20 people
- Good Internet connection via wifi or 3G device (for Trainers and International Team)
- Permission to stick flip-charts on the walls of the training room
- Proper light
- Quiet environment (possibly not in the city center)
Note: Make sure to provide pictures of ALL the rooms in your application form.
The final list will be provided by the Eduk8 Events Coordinator 2-3 weeks before the event.
Note: A printer should be provided during the event in order to print materials and also at least 3 beamers.
The Social Programme does not need to be planned for the application and will be planned after selection with the Eduk8 Events Coordinator. As an example, you will be requested to organise: movie night, chill night, board games, karaoke, outdoor activities, sports tournament, etc.
No Eurodinner and no parties will be allowed.
Also, lunch breaks will be 2 hours long, so you can think about possible leisure activities for the lunch break. Optional based on preference, time and energy of the OC and availability at the venue. Proposals are welcomed.
We would like the OC to organise a SocialErasmus project for one of the afternoons of the event (3rd afternoon). This should be something to give back to the community where you are. E.g.: painting a hospital, or renovating a house, updating a library, etc. It's a big SocialErasmus activity, where all 100 participants should be involved. The activity can last from after lunch until dinner, with a possibility of having dinner included in the programme (if we go to a community, we can have dinner there). Ideas should be provided by the OC in the application form.
The OC should include in their budget participation fee of the internal trainers + external trainers (mentors) + Eduk8 Team:
● 100 participants, 10 facilitators , 2 external mentors, 3 Eduk8 Team members
The budget should also include Training Material prices:
● around 400 flipcharts
● 48 Flipchart markers (different colors)
● 12 rolls of paper tape (to stick flipcharts on the wall) - find this tape in bricolage stores, it is usually used to cover some details when painting a wall
● around 40 packs of 100 post-its (big size)
* other specific material will be asked according to the needs of the training programme
The Facebook group will be created by the Eduk8 Events Coordinator as a communication channel between the OC, trainers and participants. We strongly recommend the creation of an email address where the OC can be reached easily.
The Promotion and Communication aspect needs to be discussed with the Eduk8 PR Manager after selection.
EDUK8 EVENTS COORDINATOR SUPPORT
The Events Coordinator is proposing support during the pre-application phase providing vital comments and suggestions for improvement of your application and budget. Please, use this opportunity to contact the Events Coordinator, Inês Cunha, at [email protected].
APPLICATION & ELECTION
Attached you can find the Application Form with the budget template. Check as well the example of the CNR Havana application and CNR Havana budget to see what a good application looks like. Keep in mind that the official deadline to submit an application: 23:59 CET 15th of February 2016.
When submitting the application, please specify how flexible you are with the proposed dates of the event. Try to present as many details as possible so that the Eduk8 Team can be aware of the overall event conditions and be able to select the best application as soon as possible.
Once the applications are received, the Eduk8 Team together with the trainers will suggest the best application to the IB who is charge of appointing the OC. The final selection will be announced by the end of December 2015.
In case you would like to receive more information about Eduk8 don't hesitate to contact project coordinator Tomas Tamulevičius at [email protected]