It is time to organise the next Eduk8 event: ESN Autumn Training 2019!
Are you looking for new challenges, new achievements and to refresh the motivation of your local section? Are you ready to take a step forward? This is the right moment! We are looking for an OC ready to take this challenge with us!
We’re currently looking into options of how we can get further financial support for the event, but we won’t have information on this before September or October unfortunately. The following email and attachments provide a lot of detail for potential Organising Committees to be aware of. However, don’t be scared by the length and detail of these documents, as we just want you to have all the information and support necessary when preparing your application!
The ESN Autumn Training is a training event that aims at developing soft skills of ESN members through non-formal education (NFE).
from 12nd to the 17th of November
from 19th to the 24th of November (preferred date)
**Please note that 6 trainers and 1 Eduk8 team member will arrive 2 days before and leave one day later than participants**
Duration of the event: 6 working days, from Tuesday (arrival day) to Sunday (departure day).
Number of spots: 40 participants, 6 trainers, 1 Eduk8 team member = total of 47 people.
Participation fee: Around 150 EUR, but the lower the better.
Grant support: TBC
What the OC should provide:
· Accommodation: 5 nights (Tuesday to Sunday)
· Food: 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners
· Coffee breaks: For all days (twice a day)
· Plenaries: One big room for these sessions, ready to welcome up to 50 people at the same time
· 2 rooms for the workshops taking place simultaneously
· 1 storage/working room for trainers and OC
Budget and Contract:
The OC should also include the costs of the Trainers and Eduk8 Team Member, that is 7 people who will be working at this event, in the following way:
1) The accommodation and food should be covered for them by the OC. The Trainers and Eduk8 Team Member shouldn’t pay the participation fee.
2) In order to cover the travel expenses of the Trainers and the Eduk8 Team Member, additional cost should be added to the participation fee set by the OC.
Usually we reimburse the Trainers and the Eduk8 Team Member up to 200 euros for their travels, so it should be calculated accordingly when creating the budget.
Finally, the OC and ESN International will sign an agreement stating the above-mentioned before the chosen OC is officially appointed by the Board.
Support for the application:
Application & Election:
Please keep in mind: The Eduk8 training events are a bit different from other ESN events in terms of requirements. Please make sure to read carefully the list of requirements.
We are very much looking forward to seeing your applications!
In case you would like to receive more information about Eduk8 don't hesitate to contact the Eduk8 Team at eduk[email protected].