It is our pleasure to launch the open call to find the organisers of the next ESN Academy!
The ESN Academy is a unique training event organised by and for ESN volunteers interested in self-development and acquiring new knowledge. During the event, the participants - around 80 ESNers from across Europe - get to build their own learning experience. By choosing sessions according to their needs and interests, they create a tailor-made patchwork of workshops they will attend. As of now, it is the only ESN event where participants get to customise the agenda to such an extent.
This year the ESN Academy is going to be even more extraordinary. For the first time ever, it will take place in the summertime, and that means… holidays!!
Yes, you got it right. The Academy is all about learning but summer is all about relaxing. So why not combine these two? Think about it: 80 people from all over Europe, free of university obligations, excited to spend some time together, learn something new and simply enjoy themselves. Sounds like a win-win to us. What are we missing?
An amazing OC that could provide both: a great learning environment and fun leisure activities. And don’t worry, it’s not all about evening activities. To bring more of that summer vibe into our programme, the ESN Academy will provide one extra day for the participants to take a break from learning and do something holiday-like: sightseeing, exploring local culture, hiking, sailing, going to an aquapark, a theme park, a zoo, you name it. We leave it up to your imagination.
What’s in it for the OC?
Organising international events can have many benefits for your section:
- Working together with other bodies in ESN can bring in new best practices
- During the event you can get to know ESNers from all around Europe,
- and make connection with other sections, whom you can cooperate with in the future.
- Stepping out from your comfort zone and seeing what is out there besides the local level
- Teambuilding for the whole section and OC
- Fun during the preparatory skype calls and at the event.
- Appreciation of participants
- Fame! ;)
If you would like to know from previous OCs what to expect when organising an Eduk8 event, check out the interview with the OC of Eduk8 Starter Timisoara and with the OC of the Erasmus in Action: Autumn Training Pescara!
The ESN Academy is a training event that aims at developing soft skills of ESN members through non-formal education (NFE).
from 16th to the 22nd of June
from 23rd to the 29th of June
from 30th of June to the 6th of July
from the 7th of July to the 13th of July.
**Please note that 10 facilitators, 4 mentors and 1 Eduk8 team member will arrive 2 days before and leave one day later than participants**
Duration of the event: 5 working days, with Sunday being the arrival day and Saturday the departure day
Number of spots: 80 participants, 10 facilitators, 1 Eduk8 team member, 4 mentors = total of 95 people
Participation fee: Around 120 EUR, but the lower the better
Grant support: The exact sum of grant support for this event is yet to be determined. For now, please operate under the assumption that you would have to organise the event without any financial support.
What the OC should provide:
· Accommodation: 6 nights (Sunday to Saturday)
· Food: 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners
· Coffee breaks: For all days (twice a day)
· Opening and Closing sessions: One big room for these sessions, ready to welcome up to 100 people at the same time
· Training rooms:
· 4 rooms for the workshops taking place simultaneously
· 1 storage/working room for facilitators and OC
Budget and Contract:
The OC should also include the costs of the Content Team, that is 10 facilitators, 1 Eduk8 team member, 4 mentors who will be working at this event, in the following way:
1) The accommodation and food should be covered for them by the OC. The Content Team shouldn’t pay the participation fee.
2) In order to cover the travel expenses of the team, additional cost should be added to the participation fee set by the OC.
Usually we reimburse the Content Team up to 200 euros for their travels, so it should be calculated accordingly when creating the budget.
Finally, the OC and ESN International will sign an agreement stating the above-mentioned before the chosen OC is officially appointed by the Board.
Support for the application:
Application & Election:
Send a completed application form and budget to [email protected] and the Eduk8 Team ([email protected]).
Please keep in mind: The Eduk8 training events are a bit different from other ESN events in terms of requirements. Please make sure to read carefully the list of requirements.
We are very much looking forward to seeing your applications!
In case you would like to receive more information about Eduk8 don't hesitate to contact the Eduk8 Team at [email protected]